2 Day Trip
Thinking about getting out of the city for a couple of days with Destination???
Good idea! Check out what we have planned.
Moganshan was a popular summer retreat for wealthy Chinese and foreigners in the first half of the twentieth century. It's bamboo forests and breezy mountain top were a welcome retreat from Nanjing, Hangzhou and Shanghai summers.
Chiang Kai Shek put the place on the map when he brought his new bride Soong Mei Ling here in 1929. His home is one of the many luxurious homes built on the mountain-top. Today, Moganshan is still a great place to get away from the city and relax. Parts of the mountain are packed with tourists, but much of the mountain is practically deserted. Great for hiking and enjoying nature.
Moganshan is about 4 hours from Shanghai and is an excellent opportunity to take a look at life in China outside of the big city. Learn about rural life in China, take in the fresh air and beauty of the Chinese countryside and enjoy a meal in a small village complete with rural dishes and an American barbecue!
Price (based on dual occupancy - USD$ 30 single supplement):
20 people - USD$150 / person
Includes: Hotel (Spectacular views from The Moganshan Villa, meals (light breakfast, lunch & dinner on Day 1, breakfast & barbecue on Day 2), transportation, guides and entrance fees
Not Including: Alcohol
LIST OF THINGS TO BRING
1. Good Walking Shoes - We will do a three hour hike up and down the mountain. Some of the hike is on stairs. Sturdy, comfortable shoes are necessary.
2. Clothing - The temperature on the mountain will be cooler than Shanghai and may be quite cool at night, so be prepared.
3. Rain coat - Although it should not rain, it is always possible.
4. Camera and film, film, film for the green scenery.
5. Sunscreen & Mosquito Repellent
*** These items and other items you may wish to bring (backpack, compass, etc.) can all be found in DTS - Destination Travel Shop located in our office.
Booking Now or contact :